Description

Whether it be social, recreational, or professional, some of what represents me is here. Post a comment, or contact me at Dallas@embracespace.ca should you so desire.

The posts are in reverse chronological order, and are pegged by topic on the links to the left. For more of an introduction, please see the About this site page listed above.

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Thanksgiving Weekend 2015

Thanksgiving is one of my favourite holidays. It combines my love of friends, family, food, and Autumn! This year I was lucky enough to have 2 Thanksgivings, and to not only spend the weekend with Juliette and my family, but some friends from the ISU!

In early September, Juliette received a message from her best friend Alicia, saying that she and her boyfriend Chris wanted to come up from the United States to Canada and visit us. I laughed when Juliette told me the date.

"Well, I said, that's Canadian Thanksgiving, so they're more than welcome, and they'll get a nice meal out of it too!"

The days leading up to Thanksgiving were quite pleasant. The season was slowly changing from Summer to Autumn and Juliette was taking pictures of everything she could!




















And she wasn't enjoying the Autumn leaves alone; Tinker followed her everywhere she went!



And, try as they might, neither could manage to get really close to the squirrels, chipmunks, and frogs!







Thanksgiving was a little more complicated this year because not all of the guests had the same availability. We decided the only way to see everyone would be to have two dinners! Thankfully, my Mom always cooks so much food that it doesn't matter if we have 5 guests or 40!

While she was cooking up a storm, Juliette started baking! She made pumpkin pie, cherry pie, apple pie, and brownies!




Can you read the message?
And while Juliette and my Mom were shopping, they found some gourds with an interesting shape. To emphasize this, they were placed as such:


Alicia and Chris arrived on the Saturday and joined us that afternoon. We were all extremely happy to see them and I was happy to see Juliette speaking rapidly in French with her best friend. My French is improving, but I have a long way to go. 

The first dinner was very nice; the food is always excellent and my uncle Richard was showing off his new guitar. My grandmother, Nannie, was even out enjoying the company and music and she seemed really alert and involved, which was very nice to see.

The second dinner was louder and busier, but just as nice. Danielle arrived home, bringing her roommate, her roommate's boyfriend, and her roommate's mom. We took a nice walk through the property, and I told stories about the pond, our party spot, and meeting the Easter Bunny.





Danielle surprised Juliette with a keychain and a cup, now her favourite cup ever!


Once things had calmed down, the few of us left at home moved to the basement to share stories. Alicia and Juliette felt it was necessary to take some pictures, as this was like a little ISU reunion.





And Tinker!
And even Gizmo, our silly cat, decided to make an appearance!







By the end of the weekend, our bellies were full, and our smiles were big. I am thankful for many things in my life but I was especially happy to have such wonderful friends and family with whom I could share, smile, and laugh. 

And that was a lengthy look at our Thanksgiving weekend 2015. I hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment