Description

Whether it be social, recreational, or professional, some of what represents me is here. Post a comment, or contact me at Dallas@embracespace.ca should you so desire.

The posts are in reverse chronological order, and are pegged by topic on the links to the left. For more of an introduction, please see the About this site page listed above.

Sunday 13 September 2015

A new podcast! Ad Absurdum!

Hello hello! Welcome to Embrace Space! Today, we're going to look at something a little different; my new podcast: Ad Absurdum! Read on for more details!


First things first, I have a podcast! You can find it by clicking the link above! For those unfamiliar, a podcast is simply a recorded discussion that others can listen to later for recreation. There are countless podcasts available online, probably one for every topic worth discussing.

Secondly, my podcast, shared with my friend Alex, is called Ad Absurdum. From the Latin reductio ad absurdum, or "reduction to absurdity", the original phrase is a form of argument in which a proposition is disproven by following its implications logically to an absurd conclusion. Special thanks to Logically Fallacious for providing such a concise definition!

I chose the name because it suits the style and content of the podcast. While living at home, I realized that I was missing a certain amount of absurd discourse. My friends and I often have excellent conversations starting from a serious premise and moving toward the absurd or, just as often, starting from the absurd and moving toward a serious conversation. In an effort to reach out more, I decided to start a podcast wherein I could Skype with my friends and discuss anything and everything, knowing that the only purposes were to talk, share, learn, and have fun! 

Alex is an incredible person with a wonderful personality, and I chose him as my main partner in this podcast because he always bring so much to any conversation. He and I share many interests, but our minds work in very different ways and so I thought it would be really interesting to pick apart issues together, gaining a much wider perspective than either of us had before.

I am really excited about this and I really hope that it is something we continue! At the very least, it's a great way to stay in touch with people who live far away and have busy lives.

The podcast will be hosted on Youtube, since it offers free storage, and will be updated sporadically. I will likely include a short blog post here highlighting my side of the conversation. I hope you enjoy, and feel free to comment or subscribe if you like the zaniness our podcasts get up to.  

Special thanks to Juliette and Marco for helping with the intro and logo!

Our first podcast is a rather rough proof of concept, complete with introduction and concluding by talking about singing! Stay tuned for more podcasts! 

Our topic for next time? You'll just have to check out the podcast to find out! Bwahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment