Description

Whether it be social, recreational, or professional, some of what represents me is here. Post a comment, or contact me at Dallas@embracespace.ca should you so desire.

The posts are in reverse chronological order, and are pegged by topic on the links to the left. For more of an introduction, please see the About this site page listed above.

Monday 5 December 2011

Critical Decision

So, I've recently made a decision which will affect the next couple of years of my life. As it stands, I was considering trying to finish all of my classes this upcoming term and then go to graduate school the September after that. However, after thinking about it, that is not a very feasible goal.

Trying to complete 7 classes, including some very difficult ones, and some that require a lot of time and attention, as well as getting my grad school research and applications done by mid-January, is nearly impossible. I have faith that I can perform the impossible, but I don't see why I have to. I would love to be done, and moving toward the next step, but if I take some time, I can do each task more excellently.

So, my new plan is to take only some of the 7 classes I have left next term, apply for some internships by late January, hopefully to work from May-December, and then finish the rest of my classes the following January-April. This will give me time to figure out where I want to go for my graduate studies, help me determine what I want to study exactly, give me the breathing space to bring my grades up and finish my undergraduate with honours, and also give me a chance to work in the field adding that experience to my profession.

Like I said, part of me does not like the idea of prolonging my undergraduate. But, I would rather do a thing correctly than hastily, and as a new friend recently said, "sometimes, it's good to just go with things, take your time and just see what's out there." Everyone to whom I've spoken has been very supportive, as always, and I thank them for the constant and immediate pride and loyalty, and I thank you for reading this here and now.

No comments:

Post a Comment